Four day’s Training Program on PLC and SCADAadmin
The Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Sharadchandra Pawar College of Engineering, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune. Organized “four day Workshop on PLC & SCADA during 23/03/2016 TO 26/3/2016.
The main objective of this WORKSHOP was to make the aspiring engineers acquainted with the conceptual as well as practical knowledge of the Industrial Automation & latest technologies being used to achieve industrial automation.
The idea of organizing this workshop was to teach the basic fundamentals of automation in the students and provide them with a platform to work on, In The Near Future. The Most Used Guiding Force Behind an Automated Industrial Plant Is A “Programmable Logic Controller” Generally Known As A PLC. PLCs Along With Certain Other Necessary Ingredients Like Sensors, Motors, Actuators, Valves, Conveyors, Boilers, SCADA Systems, Computers & Many More, Makes A Real Automated Manufacturing Plant.
All the faculty and staff members actively participated in the event to make it a grand success.
Detail Report Of Workshop:
Title: (PLC system & SCADA software)
Resource person: 1.Prof. Narendra Lagate 2. Prof. Sane Adwitiya; Sr. Project Engg, Prolific Systems & Tech. Pvt. ltd. Pune.
Coordinator: Prof. Chinchole M.G (HOD E&TC Dept.)
About workshop: The Four Day intensive workshop on Industrial automation product (PLC System & SCADA software) has been conducted by Prolific Systems & Tech. Pvt. ltd. Pune to involve students in a cohesive drive with the academia and industry towards excellence in automation product technology. This workshop was an attempt to cover material relevant to giving students necessary knowledge and skill set to appreciate the rapid changing scenario in automation systems and take advantage of this in their future career. Practical/laboratory sessions are held, which will supplement the knowledge disseminated during the lecture sessions with adequate hands on experience. Workshops support in instructor-lead, lab-intensive courses focused on the practical application of technologies through the facilitation of a project-related lab.
Duration: It’s a four day workshop. From 23/03/2016 TO 26/3/2016. In this five-day course, student gained valuable hands-on experience.
No. of students attended this workshop: 42
Software Tools: Wonder ware’s in Touch
- After completing this workshop, students are able to:
- Create and design new automation model by using PLC programming logic.
- Interface external peripheral by using SCADA software.
Topics covered in this Workshop:
Session I: Presentation on Recent Trends in Industrial Automation & PLC-SCADA
- Introduction To Automation
- Why We Need Automation
- Where Automation?
- Evolution In Industrial Automation (A Brief History)
- Different Type Of Industrial Control Mechanisms)
- Introduction To PLCs
- PLC Advantages Over Microcontrollers
- Area Of Applications
- DATA Flow During Automation
- Motor Drives Introduction & Their Need
- Sensors Introduction & Their Need
- HMI Introduction & Its Need
- SCADA Introduction& Its Need
Session II: Detail study of PLC & SCADA
Session III: PLC I/Os Basics, Burning & Interfacing Concepts
- Allen Bradley & Rockwell Automation’s Details
- Brief Description To Input/ Output Pins Of Micrologix-1000
- Ladder Diagram Basics
- Introduction To RSLogix
- Downloading A Ladder Program In PLC Using RSLinx.
- How To Take Input From Panel
- How To Give Output To Panel
- Running First PLC Application.
Session IV: Hands on PLC Training Kit
- Participants will perform hands on PLC training Kit.