STUDENT GRIEVANCE CELL (SGC)
The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. The Grievance cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the department.
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute, department members in person, or in consultation with the officer in-charge Students’ Grievance Cell.
ESTABLISHMENT of SGC
The SGC established in 7th July, 2017 in college with the purpose to complaints of students relating to college.
- The SGC of the college is having four senior teaching staffs as its member nominated by principal and the principal as the chairman.
- Term of members will be three years.
- The quorum for meeting including the chairperson shall be five. Care is taken to select staff members from each stream.
- In considering the grievances before it, the SGRC shall fallow principles of natural justice.
A Complaint from an aggrieved student relating a college shall be addressed to SGC with the following composition, namely:
The following staff members are in the charge of this cell
|SR. NO||Name of the Member||Designation||Mobile Number||Email Id|
|1||Dr. Kharat Govind Ukhandrao||Principal – Chairmanemail@example.com|
|2||Prof. Chinchole Mahesh Gokul||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Prof. Khatal Sunil Sudam||Memberemail@example.com|
|4||Prof. Jadhav Sachin Zambar||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Prof. Mrs. Gholap Puja Sharad||Memberemail@example.com|
SGC has been created in the college to resolve issues related to student’s problems, develop a responsive and accountable attitude among the all stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in Institute. Following are the important objectives of SGC.
- To develop an organizational framework to resolve Grievances of Students and other stakeholders.
- To provide the students access to immediate, hassle free recourse to have their Grievances redressed.
- To enlighten the students on their duties and responsibilities to access benefits due under the policies.
- To establish structured interactions with students to elicit information on their expectations.
- To identify systemic flaws in the design and administration of various general insurance products and to seek solutions thereon.
- To institute a monitoring mechanism to oversee the functioning of the Grievance Redressal Policy.
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion / complaint Box will be installed in the Administrative Block in which the Students, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the College.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal
The SGC deals with Grievances received in writing from students about any of the following matters:
Academic matters: Related to timely use of duplicate mark sheet (DMC), transfer certificate, conduct certificate and other examination related matters.
Financial matters: Related to dues and payments for various items from fee clerk, library, hostels, etc.
Library matters: Issue and return of books, syllabus, photocopy, and university question papers.
Accommodation matters: Related to hostels.
Ragging Cases: Anti ragging Squad and Anti ragging Committee were Constituted and these members are always take care for the same. Seniors and Freshers were regularly counselled and they are made aware regarding the rules and regulations of anti-ragging. The list of Anti ragging Squad and committee along with ‘Student Grievance Cell’ is displayed in college campus. Students can contact them personally or by telephonic or by writing application.
Other matters: Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitations, preparation of food, availability of transport, victimization by teachers etc.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students.
- The cell formally will review all cases and will prepare statistical reports about the number of cases received.
- The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
- In case of any grievance the members of the cell are empowered to sort out the problems at their level through discussion with students.
- In case the members fail to find out any solution then the matter is referred to the management for final comment on the matter.
- Considering the nature and depth of the grievances due inquiry is made by the members of the cell and through personal discussion the matter is solved.
- If anybody is found to be guilty for any kind of nuisance, he or she is given punishment with due consideration with the principal. The nature of punishment includes verbal as well as written warning, information to the parents, financial punishment, information to the police (if situation arises for so) and expelling from the college as per the rule of the university.
The SGC of college functions with following purposes
- To ensure a democratic environment in the campus,
- To acquaint all teacher-trainees about their rights and duties,
- To solve the various personal and educational related grievances of the teacher-trainee,
- To make the institute student friendly, and
- To ensure the qualitative as well as quantitative development of institution through SGRC.
PROCEDURE FOR LODGING COMPLAINT:
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing and drop it in complaint box.
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
- Grievance Application Form
- Action of SGC
Application Form For Grievance
Reports For A.Y. 2019-20 Sem-II
Click below link to download report For A.Y. 2019-20 Sem-II
Reports For A.Y. 2020-21 Sem-I
Click below link to download report For A.Y. 2019-20 Sem-II