Two best practices successfully implemented by the Institution
1. Title of the Practice: NSS Activity
- To instill the idea of social welfare in students.
- To provide service to society without bias.
- To ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to enhance their standard of living and lead a life of dignity.
- To create leadership qualities and a democratic attitude.
- To develop a capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- Practice national integration and social harmony.
1.2. The Context:
- The educated youth should be the main part of the administration in the future & they are found to be unaware of the problems of the village/slum community.
- The development of the society is needed to create awareness about the issues of the community in the youth through the NSS.
- The objective of NSS is to create a social conscience in the students and to provide them an opportunity to work with the people in the villages and slums.
- Through NSS- the institute has developed a systematic map for improving the different aspects of personality development, communication skills, Presentation skills, Team Work, leadership qualities, etc., and makes them ready to face the challenges in the industry.
- Students lagging in any of the above-mentioned skills are participating in the different activities planned under the NSS to develop themselves.
- In the NSS one Teacher (Program officer) is allocated to a group of approximately fifty students (volunteers) from all the colleges.
- The program Officer keeps a record of every student in the NSS group and helps the student volunteers in the planning & implementation of the various NSS activities & innovative programs.
- The NSS volunteers actively participate in the NSS activities. The volunteers are making the coordination the POs and the students in the college.
- NSS meeting is conducted twice a semester by the Program Officer.
- The activities of the National Service Scheme are classified into the two categories like regular activities & special camping activities.
- In regular activities, national festivals, days, etc. are celebrated in the academic year under the NSS.
- In Special Camp Activity College has to choose the one village for the 7-days Camp in co-ordination with another institute in the nearby area.
- The activities and the work has been done in the respective area under the program officer by the students (25) selected from the college through NSS.
- NSS Officer has to keep all records of the regular activities & special camp activities.
1.4 Evidence of success:
- Those students who had participated in NSS for 2 years and attainted the NSS special camp get the certificate from the SPPU.
- The evidence of the success of NSS is reflected through the overall personality, and confidence development of students.
- There is a marginal increment in the number of students participating in various events held within and outside the college, since the implementation of the National Service Scheme.
1.5 Problem Encountered and Resources required:
- To mold the student’s mentality towards improvement in their personality, confidence, and leadership without hampering academics was a difficult task.
- Motivating the students to participate in NSS activities is a challenge.
2. Title of the Practice: Financial Assistance Scheme for Students
Aim: – Financial Assistance Scheme for Students.
To supply pecuniary support to the able & needy students.
1.2 The Context:
The students are admitted from different backgrounds to the College. Those students which are not able to pay tuition & other fees due to their financial conditions are selected. The college supports them financially for their education by giving scholarships on tuition fees. College & its parent organization “Shree Gajanan Maharaj Shikshan Prasaak Mandal, Otur instituted a scheme for such students.
1. At the start of the academic year, students apply to the scheme.
2. During application, students can be submitting their proof of family income & academic progress report.
3. Students are shortlisted for interviews on the basis of these documents.
4. College appointed a committee to conduct interviews with these students.
5. At the last list of eligible students is displayed on the notice board.
1.4 Proof of Success:
The following table shows the data of students who benefitted through the financial assistance scheme in the last few years:
|Sr. No.||Academic Year||No. of Students||Amount (Rs.)|
1.5 Problems Confronted & Resources Required:
Additional human resources are required to carry out the scheme.